Authentic German Cheese Cake recipe: Are you looking for an original and authentic German recipe for cheese cake? You found the right recipe amongst all recipes that you can find online. This recipe is so German as it can get. The German Cheese Cake or Käsekuchen is one of the most popular cakes of Germany and almost everyone loves it. You can buy it in German cafes, and it is the cake for a Sunday afternoon coffee and cake table, and of course for the holidays. Kaesekuchen or German cheesecake is made with quark in Germany. As there is no really good quark in the USA you can use a mix out of cream cheese and sour cream or make your own quark. I got this recipe from a Facebook friend who lives in the USA and it is proven to work. Happy Baking!
330 g flour
130 g sugar
130 g butter
2 medium size eggs
2 packages Vanilla sugar (Dr. Oetker)
1 package baking powder (Dr. Oetker)
1 pound low fat quark – you also can use instead 2 cream cheese Neufchatel 8oz and 1 cup light sour cream
3 egg yolks separated – beat egg white firm and keep cool
125 g sugar
1 vanilla sugar Dr. Oetker
¼ l heavy cream
1 package vanilla pudding Dr. Oetker
2 tbsp sugar
lemon peel organic or baking rum (optional)
- Mix all ingredients for the dough until you get a smooth dough.
- Place the dough into a baking spring form and spread it all over the form and also up to the upper edges (the cake has the dough also around the edges).
- Bake the cake for 10 minutes on 375 F, let it cool off , then add the filling.
- Mix cream cheese with sour cream, add sugar and vanilla sugar and beat until it is creamy; add egg yolks and mix well.
- In a bowl mix pudding powder with sugar and a little bit of the cream, then add remaining cream and add it to the cheese and mix well.
- Add firm egg white and mix it carefully.
- Fill dough into the spring form and bake it on 375 F for about 1 hour. Test with a toothpick. Place some parchment paper on top for the last 10 minutes of the baking time ion case cake looks too brown, should not get very brown, just a little bit.
Take the cake out of the oven and remove the form when the cake has completely cooled off.
It has been proven that this cake won’t decrease in size as it happens often to cakes after the baking process. This is a proven recipe from a Facebook friend.
German Cheese Cake recipe
from Facebook Fan Manuela Bell
1 lb. Ricotta Cheese
2 pkgs (8 oz) Cream Cheese
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
3 tbsp. Cornstarch
3 tbsp. Flour
2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Melted Butter
1 pt. Sour Cream
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta & cream cheese on high speed. Add sugar & eggs; reduce to low speed. Add cornstarch, flour, lemon juice & vanilla.
- Next add melted butter & sour cream on low speed. Butter a 9 1/2 inch spring form pan and dust with graham cracker crumbs (optional).
- Place in COLD oven. DO NOT preheat. Bake at 325 F for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn oven off. DO NOT open for 2 hours. Topping of your choice.