Home made Kroketten is a popular German side dish that you can order in every German restaurant. In the USA I found potato taters but they are not the same as the Kroketten. Basically they are mashed potatoes that will be fried in oil. Here is a recipe for home made Kroketten. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Home Made Kroketten
500 g potatoes
20 g potato starch or corn starch alternatively
20 g butter, soft
salt, pepper, bread crumbs (no spices, plain), oil, nut meg
- boil potatoes, peel them and squeeze them through a potato press. Let cool off.
- add 2 egg yolks, starch, butter and spices to taste.
- form little Kroketten: first roll little balls, then roll them and press the ends slightly.
- roll them in the egg white and then in bread crumbs.
- fry them in a deep fryer or in enough hot oil from all sides until they are of a golden brown color.