The creamy German herb soup is using the same herbs as you would use for the popular Frankfurt Green sauce - Find the recipe for the Green Sauce here -
It's a delicious soup with different herbs such as parsley, chives, dill, borage and some more (see in ingredients the herb mix). Happy Cooking!
2 small onions
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
750 ml - 3 cups - vegetable broth, instant
fresh herbs such as parsley, cress, chives, borage or dill, salad burnet or tarragon, sorrel, chervil
2 tbsp creme fraiche or heavy cream
salt, pepper, lemon juice to taste
Cooking Instruction Creamy German Herb Soup
- peel onions and chop fine.
- warm butter and saute onions until transparent.
- dust with flour, add vegetable broth.
- let simmer for 15 min.
- prepare herbs, chop roughly.
- add herbs and creme fraiche to soup.
- with a stick mixer puree soup.
- add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.