Ingredients Biscuit Cake for Fruit
180 g butter
180 g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar Dr Oetker
1 tsp baking powder
fruit of your choice
- pre-heat oven to 350
- beat soft butter (room temperature) until foamy.
- add sugar and vanilla sugar then one egg after the other while mixing.
- mix very well until the dough is foamy.
- mix flour with baking powder and add to the dough, spoon by spoon.
- grease tart form, diameter 28 cm or 11 inches, and sprinkle with flour or bread crumbs (no spices).
- fill dough into form and even out the surface so it is smooth.
- bake on medium level for about 20 min until golden brown.
- let biscuit cool off a bit, then carefully take it out of the form.
- place on a baking grid and let cool off.
- place fruit on top and add the glaze at the end (if using Dr Oetker glaze make it per instructions).
- You can make your own glaze with cherry juice and Tapioka; mix it in a pan and bring to a boil, let cool off a bit then spread on top.
- You also can make a Vanilla pudding first, spread over the cake then place fruit on top without a glaze.