Marzipan cookies are excellent Christmas cookies for marzipan lovers. Marzipan is a baking ingredient that is made out of almond paste. For these cookies get if possible the German marzipan or high quality marzipan without coloring or additives.
The German marzipan cookies are easy to make. You will love them! Happy Baking!
Ingredients Marzipan Cookies (makes about 50 cookies)
200 g marzipan
200 g butter
100 g sugar
4 drops almond flavor (optional)
100 g starch (potato, wheat or Maizena)
200 g flour
1 tbsp baking powder
- Beat soft butter and sugar until foamy, add chopped marzipan.
- Mix well, then add the egg, and almond flavor.
- Add flour, starch and baking powder and mix until you get a smooth dough that can be filled in a decoration bag.
- Layer 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Fill the dough into a decorating bag with a star nozzle (medium size) and make little stars on the trays (or circles, U shapes or in form of an “S”).
- Bake in pre-heated oven (convection) on 350 F for 10-12 min.
The cookies should not get brown, they are very soft after they are done but will get firmer when they had been cooled off.
Dip the ends in melted dark or milk chocolate or decorate them with some chocolate lines.