Baked pastry case is the basic German recipe for the so called "Tortenboden" made out of "Muerbeteig" which is a dough that needs to be kneaded. It is not liquid, and can be used to make cookies as well.
This baked pastry case is used for many variations, you can use it with fruit on top or vegetable. It can be sweet or salty.
The Photo shows a cake that has been layered with strawberries an a glaze on top. The glaze can be made out of a Dr Oetker package or with red grape juice or any dark red juice and potato starch (Tapioka is good as well). Happy Baking!
Ingredients Baked Pastry Case
200 g flour
1 TL baking powder
75 g butter
75 g sugar
1 Package vanilla sugar
For the glaze: 1 package Dr. Oetker Cake glaze red or clear
Cooking Instructions Baked Pastry Case
- Mix flour with baking powder and sieve it into a bowl.
- Place butter flakes on top; add sugar, vanilla sugar and egg.
- With your hands knead it until you get a smooth dough.
- Cover it and let rest for 30 min in the fridge.
- Roll the dough on a baking board with some flour and either cut out cookies (hearts, stars or moons or whatever cookie cutter you want to use) or place it into a greased tart form, diameter 11 inches or 28 cm.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven on 375 F for 15 minutes - watch it, it should not get too brown!
Recipe from FB fan Ingrid - Thank you!
Read more about the German way to make such a cake that is called Tortenboden