Beef stew or ragout with white beans is easy to make and great for a family dinner. Fall and winter is the season for beef stews, and it is a popular dish in Germany. If you cook the meat too long it might get hard, so stick with the cooking time. Happy Cooking.
Ingredients Beef Stew with white beans
500 g beef steak (Huftsteak)
2 big carrots
1 medium size onion
1 can (425ml) white beans
1 tbsp oil
salt, pepper white, sweet paprika
fresh or dry marjoram
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp instant beef broth (optional)
250 g pasta (penne)
Cooking Instruction Beef Stew with white beans
- Wash meat, pat it dry and cut in cubes.
- Wash and clean carrots, leek, cut in small cubes or slices.
- Chop onion, drain beans and rinse them under running warm water.
- Heat oil in a skillet, fry meat in portions, spice with salt, pepper, paprika and marjoram.
- Add carrots and onion; dust with flour, add 1/2 l water and the tomato paste.
- Add instant broth and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Boil pasta per instructions.
- Add leek and beans 5 minutes before the cooking time.
Serve with the pasta and garnish with some marjoram leaves.