You can use this instructions also for grapefruits or lemons. Let me show you how this is done:
You would need:
- a sharp knife - the sharper the knife the less 'juice-loss' you are going to have. If you use a serrated knife you may as well use a hacksaw.
- non-slip cutting board
- sharp paring or chef's knife - not serrated
1. Cut the top and bottom off the orange.
2. Set your knife where the pith (white stuff) meets the flesh and start cutting downward in a curved motion following the shape of the orange.
3. Turn the orange a bit counterclockwise and repeat. If you turn it clockwise the blade will cover the pith/flesh and you will not be able to see where to cut. Cut - turn - cut - turn - cut - turn 'till you're done.