The German Holiday Dessert is the perfect ending for a German Christmas dinner. You need Lebkuchen, sour cherries and quark. Lebkuchen can be made – find the recipe for Lebkuchen here - quark can be made - find the recipe How to make quark – and sour cherries you can find at Trader Joes, Aldi or on Amazon. What is Grand Marnier? It is an orange-flavored cognac liqueur and the original Grand Marnier liqueur created in 1880 by Alexandre Marnier-Lapostolle is called Cordon Rouge. It is consumed neat and is also used in mixed drinks and desserts. Just the right liqueur for this dessert. Happy Cooking
Ingredients German Holiday Dessert
200 g Lebkuchen
200 g quark
250 g heavy cream
1 pck Sahnesteif (optional) Dr. Oetker Sahnesteif ( Whip Cream Stabilizer ) -5 pack
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp Grand Marnier
1/2 jar sour cherries
125 ml cherry juice
100 g powdered sugar
- crumble Lebkuchen and soak in Grand Marnier and cherry juice.
- mix quark with sugar and cinnamon.
- make whipped cream (add 1 package of Sahnesteif if you like).
- fold whipped cream with quark.
- in a decorative glass place one layer lebkuchen and one layer quark cream, also add cherries in between the layers.
The last layer should be quark cream.
Sprinkle with grated chocolate.