The German potato carrot soup is probably the easiest soup to make on this website! You don’t need any special ingredients. I recommend to use organic carrots and potatoes – it’s a yummy soup for cold days! Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Potato Carrot Soup
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp butter
500 g potatoes
400 g carrots
500 ml vegetable broth (instant)
1/2 cup heavy cream
300 ml Milch
parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
- cut potatoes and carrots in same sized pieces, you can cut or grate them roughly.
- chop onion and garlic clove fine.
- melt butter and saute garlic with onions briefly, then add potatoes and carrots and saute for 1 minute.
- add the vegetable broth, heavy cream. Bring to a brisk boil, then let simmer for 20 min.
- with a stick mixer puree the soup, add chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
You can also use some bacon; fry with onions.
Instead of heavy cream use milk or a mix of milk and half and half (less fat).