The German potato salad with cucumber is a Swabian salad and my sister in law makes the best one! I am sure you will like it too. This salad is easy to make and a great salad for the summer BBQ. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients (serves 4)
4-5 medium size potatoes( gold, yellow)
1 English cucumber
1 small - med onion
salt, pepper to taste
3-4 tbsp sunflower oil and white wine vinegar
2-3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Boil the potatoes, drain them and let cool off a bit; peel them (stick the potato on a fork and peel it with a sharp knife).
- let potatoes completely cool off, the best is keep them in the fridge and make the salad the next day.
- cut potatoes in fine slices.
- wash and if you like peel cucumber and grate it fine.
- peel onion and cut in fine cubes.
- mix potatoes with oniosn and cucumber.
- add spices, oil and vinegar, and parsley, mix well.
Serve after 10-15 minutes.
The salad should be mushy but not swim in water.