German Raspberry Dessert – I found this recipe in an old cooking booklet with the title “Stay Slim with eggs” (Schlank mit Ei).
The booklet is featuring a lot of recipes with eggs, and one might think, that’s pretty boring, but no, they are very interesting. I decided to take them up for the blog because they are unique and very German.
Let’s start with something sweet. A creamy dessert which is delicious but also colorful.
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 eggs (organic)
4 tbsp sugar
1-2 tbsp raspberry juice (pure and organic)
almonds, thin slices
Cooking Instructions Raspberry Dessert
- Separate the eggs (divide yolk from egg white)
- Put yolks and half of the sugar into a bowl and whisk the mix until foamy
- Add raspberry juice and whisk it again
- Whisk egg white until it is very firm (so you can cut it) and mix in the remaining sugar
- Mix carefully the firm egg white to the red egg mix
- Fill it in cocktail or dessert glasses and decorate it with sliced almonds
Instead of raspberry juice try an exotic juice or any fruit juice.
Add a bit of vanilla sugar or vanilla extract for a nice vanilla taste.