The Italian dish Gorgonzola Blue Cheese Tortellini is one of my favorites. The recipe is very simple and is perfect for someone who likes a good home made meal that does not take hours to prepare it. It is the perfect home made TV dinner without any chemicals and preservatives. Think about it. You spend so much money for the frozen or packaged TV dinners and it will cost you half to make it at home. Try it out! Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Gorgonzola Blue Cheese Tortellini
1 package tortellini of your choice (for this recipe tortellini with spinach filling)
1 tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp butter
2 small onions, 1/2 green pepper (or red, yellow)
3 small zucchini
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup whole milk or half and half
2 tsp tapioca or corn starch
3-4 tbsp crumbled blue cheese (or Rochefort or Gorgonzola cheese)
Cooking Instructions Gorgonzola Blue Cheese Tortellini
- cook tortellini per instructions.
- in a skillet heat olive oil and butter; chop onions, pepper, slice zucchini; saute them for 5 minutes on medium heat in the hot oil-butter mix.
Make the Sauce
- mix heavy cream and milk, add tapioca; whisk it very well so all tapioca gets dissolved.
- add tortellini to the vegetable.
- pour the cream-milk mix over it and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- add crumbled cheese to the tortellini.
- if the sauce is still too liquid, add some more tapioca.
Serve it with lettuce.