Pancakes filled with meat is a German specialty that you will love. First you make the pancakes, then the filling. In Germany we like to serve the filled pancakes with a Swabian potato salad. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Pancakes Filled with Meat
250 g flour
1 tbsp salt
400 ml milk
butter, oil to bake them
1kg ground beef
1 tbsp clarified butter or sunflower oil
1 tbsp chopped celery root (optional)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 l vegetable broth instant
salt, pepper, dried oregano or Italian herbs to taste
Cooking Instructions Pancakes Filled with Meat
- Sieve flour into a bowl, add salt, milk, eggs and mix well.
- heat enough butter in a skillet and pour some batter into it, pancakes should be thin, so don’t use too much batter.
- fry on each side.
- take aside in the warm oven.
Cooking Instructions Filling
- heat butter, chop onions fine.
- saute onions until transparent than add the meat and fry it until slightly browned.
- add chopped carrot and celery cubes.
- add the broth, tomato paste and spices. Let simmer for 15 min (until vegetable is tender).
Make the pancakes
Place 2-3 tbsp of the filling on each pancake. Keep warm in the oven until all pancakes are done.