Salmon fillet on zucchini and tomatoes is a great dish for the Good Friday menu or for any festive occasion. This recipe is easy to make and takes only 15 minutes of your time. You can extend it easily if you have more guests than four. The zucchini-tomato mix is an excellent side dish for other meat such as chicken, beef or pork.
Ingredients Salmon Fillet on Zucchini and Tomatoes (serves 4)
4 salmon filets (each about 150 g)
juice from 1/2 lemon
salt, pepper, 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
3-4 small zucchinis
1 small garlic clove
1 tbsp fresh thyme
Cooking Instructions Salmon Fillet on Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Rinse salmon under cold water and pat it dry; remove any visible bones with tweezers. Drip lemon juice over them and spice with salt and pepper; cover and keep them cool.
- Wash zucchini; remove ends, cut them in 4 parts, then cut in cubes. Peel garlic clove; boil some water and place tomatoes for 1/2 minute into the hot water, so you can peel them. Cut peeled tomatoes in 4 parts, remove seeds and hard parts. Cut in cubes.
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet; add zucchinis and fry them briskly. Press garlic through a garlic press (or chop it finely), and add it to zucchini; reduce heat; add tomatoes, salt, pepper and chopped thyme. Saute it for about 1o minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick able skillet, add salmon filets, reduce heat a bit and fry them on each side for about 4 minutes. Turn them carefully so they won't fall apart.
- If needed add more salt or pepper to the vegetable, and serve it on warm plates with each of the salmon filets.
Side dish: Boiled potatoes with parsley (just peel potatoes, cut them in half or if the potatoes are small don't cut them, boil them until done; rinse well then sprinkle with parsley).