Semolina dessert with mango – Semolina can be used for many German cakes, desserts and main dishes. This recipe is great for a brunch or as a dessert. It can be made fast, and you can add sugar, honey, different fruits, cinnamon and much more. Try it out! Happy Cooking.
Ingredients (serves 4)
800 ml milk
1 package vanilla sugar Dr Oetker
4 tsp sugar, pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp raisins
140 g semolina flour
1-2 mangoes (fresh or Canned)
oil, butter to fry
- Bring milk with vanilla sugar, salt, sugar and raisins to a boil, then stir in semolina and let it cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Spread the mix on a baking tray – place a layer of parchment paper on it or rinse it with cold water so the semolina will not stick to the surface. Let it cool off or place it for 10 minutes into the fridge.
- Peel fresh mango and cut it into cubes; canned mango: let the fruit cubes drip in a strainer.
- Separate semolina with a spoon into pieces which can be easily fried in a skillet.
- Heat oil and butter together in a big skillet (Teflon) and fry the semolina pieces first on one side, then turn them and fry the other side (each side about 4-5 minutes on medium heat).
- Serve them on a plate, place mango on top and dust it with powdered sugar.