This is the second strawberry summer recipe and it is a cake that is not difficult, even aspiring bakers can bake it. It is called “Zebra” Cake because of the dark and light biscuit. If you like you can decorate the top of the cake with whipped cream.
150 g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar
100 g flour
10 g potato starch
3 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder (heaped)
1 kg strawberries
1 package red cake glaze (Tortenguss Dr. Oetker)
100 g strawberry jam
50g sliced almonds
- Place on the bottom of a spring form (26cm) baking paper.
- For the biscuit mix eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar and beat them until foamy.
- Mix flour with starch and baking powder, sieve it onto the egg mix and carefully mix it.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C or 356 F.
- Separate the biscuit dough in 2 parts. Add cocoa powder (sieve it) to one part and mix it (dark biscuit).
- Place 2-3 tbsp of the dark dough in the middle of the spring form. Then place some tbsp of the light dough on top, alternate this until the whole biscuit dough is in the spring form.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes, take it out of the form and let it cool off on a grid. Place a cake ring around the cake.
- Wash strawberries, pat them dry and place one next to the other on the biscuit cake.
- Make the cake glaze per instructions and pour it over the strawberries.
- Keep it cool until the glaze is firm, then take off the cake ring.
- Spread the jam around the outer part of the cake and press the sliced almonds on it.
Optional: Make a Dr. Oetker Vanilla pudding per instructions and spread it over the biscuit, place strawberries on top, then the glaze.