Mother's Day is a big day in Germany as it is in the USA. Do you want to surprise your mom, sister, grandmother, or aunt with something special? Here are two sweet possibilities - one to prepare in advance - a home made heart shaped cake - the other one to buy int he best chocolate store there is tine the USA: Sees Candy - the place to go if you would need a last minute gift.
See's has a Mother's Day Gift Box that contains a wonderful assortment to give to your beloved one. Inside this pretty lavender gift-ready box is a one-pound box of assorted Chocolates. This tempting assortment includes Butterscotch Square, Milk Bordeaux", California Brittle® and other delicious See's favorites.
Another good choice is the Keepsake Collection, a sweet candy duo, just right for your mom. It contains a one-pound box of Assorted Chocolates beautifully gift-wrapped with a decorative band and bejeweled flower. The charming Petite Keepsake Box includes a scrumptious Blueberry Truffle and a selection of milk and dark chocolates. A great keepsake when the chocolate is gone. Go to See's chocolate & candy gifts website to see theses awesome gifts today.
Mother's Day Home Made Heart shaped Cake
150 g sugar
1 pinch salt
100 g flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
6 sheets gelatine
400 g frozen raspberries
200 g creme fraîche
400 ml heavy cream
1 package cake glaze Dr. Oetker, red
100 g roasted almond slices
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees C or
- Grease the bottom of a baking form (round or heart shaped).
- Separate eggs, beat the egg white until firm.
- Mix egg yolks with 90 g sugar and the salt; beat until foamy using the double boiler method.
- Carefully mix in the firm egg white. Mix baking powder with flour and powder it over the egg mix and mix it carefully.
- Fill the dough into the form and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Let the biscuit cake cool off for 5 minutes then take it out of the form and place it on a baking grid, let it cool off completely, then cut it horizontal in 2 halves.
- Soak gelatine, defrost berries.
- Mix 200 g of the berries with 60 g sugar (puree them) and press it through a sieve.
- Add creme fraiche and mix it.
- Press all water out of the gelatine and mix it with the berries; beat cream until firm; before the berry cream gets firm add the whipped cream and mix it.
- Spread half of the cream on the lower heart piece; place second part on top and spread remaining cream over it.
- Add remaining raspberries on top and keep an edge of 1 inch (2cm).
- Make the cake glaze per instructions and pour it over the berries.
- Beat remaining heavy cream until firm and spread 2 third of it it around the outer edges of the cake where you would place the almond slices.edges.
- Fill remaining cream into a frosting bag and squeeze little frames in the 2cm (1 inch) wide edge around the raspberries.
- Decorate the edges with almond slices.