Another yummy pumpkin soup that is inspired by the Italian Tuscany.
4 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion
500 g pumpkin meat
2 medium sized potatoes
1 l vegetable broth
100 g fresh spinach leaves
150 g rice
4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Cooking Instructions Tuscan Pumpkin Soup
- Boil rice.
- Chop onion fine; cup pumpkin meat into cubes.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Fry onions and pumpkin in olive oil, add potatoes.
- Add milk and broth, bring to a boil, then let it boil on low heat until pumpkin meat is soft.
- Add spinach, let it boil for another 2 minutes (low heat).
- Puree the soup through a sieve or with a mixer.
- Then mix the soup with the rice and bring it to a boil; if the soup is too thick add more broth.
- Spice with salt and pepper, serve with the Parmesan cheese.