Wine Custard Cream Dessert or “Weinschaumcreme” in German. Some say that this is the German version of the Italian recipe Zabaione. The truth is, it is a traditional and classic German Dessert recipe and especially recommended for a festive Holiday menu. Easy dessert, you don’t need any special ingredients. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients (serves 4)
200 g green and 200 blue grapes
6 egg yolks
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 l white wine (not too sweet, semi dry)
Cooking Instructions Wine Custard Cream
- Wash the grapes, cut them in halves and if they have pits, remove them.
- Fill half of the grapes in 4 decorative glasses such as Cocktail or Martini glasses.
- Stir in a pan egg yolks with sugar, lemon juice and white wine in a pan, whisk it. You can also boil it in using the double boiler method.
- On medium heat let it cook until you have a thick sauce but DON’T bring it to a boil (the sauce should never boil).
- Pour the cream on top of the grapes and decorate with remaining grapes.
If you don’t want to use wine use grape or apple juice instead.