Are you looking for a delicious spring recipe? Here is one: Boiled potatoes with Radishes and Yoghurt. If you can get the first seasonal potatoes the dish would be more than perfect. Enjoy spring and Happy Cooking!
5-6 potatoes, Gold (amount depends on the size)
8-12 radishes (amount depends on size, if you use small ones then you might need more)
salt, pepper to taste
100 cubed ham, bacon or Speck, or Prosciutto
4 tbsp chopped chives
4 small cups of natural Greek yoghurt such as the 5% Fage
4 tsp sparking water
lemon juice to taste
2 tbsp water cress or chopped parsley
1 tsp fresh chopped mint, optional
– Boil potatoes with skin in water until soft.
– Wash and clean radishes, cut in slices then in small pieces.
– Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 5 min.
– Cut Speck in very small cubes and fry in a pan (without adding any grease).
– Let drip on kitchen paper
– Cut chives in very small pieces.
– Combine yoghurt in a bowl with mineral water and mix until it’s very smooth.
– Add radishes, bacon and chives and spice with pepper, salt and lemon juice to taste.
– Peel potatoes, sprinkle with cress or parsley and serve with the yoghurt.
The yoghurt with radishes could be also used as a dip with crackers or cut carrots and celery. For the dip cut the radishes in small stripes.