Chicken doesn’t have to be always pan fried. Here is a recipe for German Chicken Breasts Oven Fried that you will like. It’s very simple and easy to make. There are many variations and the side dishes can be chosen per your taste. Happy Cooking!
4 chicken breasts (pref. organic)
3-4 small yellow or red onions
200 ml vegetable broth, instant or homemade – How to Make Veggie Broth –
1 chili pepper, fresh
salt, pepper, ild paprika spice to taste
some butter or oil
– Preheat oven to 160 C or 320 F (convection, regular oven 350 F)
– Wash chicken breasts under cold water, and pat dry with kitchen paper.
– Spice evenly on all sides with salt, pepper and Paprika.
– Heat oil in a pan, place chicken breasts into hot oil and brown on medium heat for some minutes. Don’t use high heat as it will blacken the paprika spice. When done set aside.
– Cut onion into small slices, slice chili pepper.
– Place chili pepper and onion rings in a fire proof form.
– Make the broth.
– Pour broth on the onion rings so that they are just covered.
– Place chicken breasts on top, they should not be covered with broth, they have to sit on the onion rings.
– Cook in oven for 15-20 min (cooing time depends in thickness of the chicken).
The chicken stays juicy and crunchy as well because the liquid will evaporate
Serve with the onion rings that had been cooked in the broth.
Rice which could be combined with peas, tomato paste, onions, saffron or herbs.
Cabbage Salad or a Mix of Greens.
You can also add other veggies with the broth such as zucchini, broccoli, fennel, spring onions, herbs such as rosemary, parsley, thyme or sage.