The Sunflower Seed Bread is an easy recipe even for baking beginners. There is nothing better than home made bread. No chemicals, and you can add what you like best. Spelt flour is a good alternative for wheat. This German bread recipe is proven and from Germany. I am sure you will love it. Happy Baking!
500 g flour (wheat or spelt flour), unbleached and not enriched
1 package dry yeast (read instructions, normally 500 g flour is for 1 packet)
50 g sunflower seeds, whole, hulled
50 g flax seeds, whole
1 tbsp salt
0,5 l warm water
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp apple vinegar
– Mix all dry ingredients, then add the oil and vinegar.
– Dissolve yeast in warm water and add to the dough. Mix well.
– You can add whole or roughly chopped almonds or hazelnuts as well if you like. The dough is liquid, but this is okay. No worries.
– Preheat oven to 350 F.
– Layer a rectangle baking form with parchment paper. Size: 13-15 inches or 2 smaller ones.
– Pour dough into the pan.
– Bake in pre-heated oven for 60 min.
– Let cool off before releasing the bread from the pan.