Ingredients (100 pieces)
250 g soft butter, 3 eggs
250 g powdered sugar
125 g almonds ground
1 tbsp cardamom
1 tbsp Piment (Allspice)
1 tbsp Ginger ground, 50 Cocoa powder
50 g flour
3 packages dark cake frosting (each 100g) – find German dark cake frosting here
220 semi sweet baking chocolate (Ghiradelli)
50 g white baking chocolate – find German white baking chocolate here
1. Place butter into a mixing bowl, sieve powdered sugar on top and with a hand mixer mix it until foamy.
- Add eggs, almonds and spices, mix it, then sieve powdered cocoa and flour on top and mix it until you get a smooth dough.
- Place baking paper on a baking tray and spread the dough on it, about 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick; bake it in preheated oven for 30 minutes on 160 C or 320 F.
- When it is done, cut the warm cake into 2.5cm squares or 1 3/4 inches and let them cool off on a baking grid.
2. Chop baking chocolate and frosting with a heavy knife and in using the double-boiler method melt it while mixing it thoroughly; don’t let it become firm.
3. Dip each cookie into the chocolate and place it back onto the grid.
4. Chop the white chocolate and melt it the same way as above; fill it into a frosting bag and decorate the cookies with it (fine lines).
5. Let them completely cool off before you place them into a cookie box.