When the Rumtopf is done you can serve the fruit in different ways. One is to make German Rum Pot muffins – a perfect way to use the rum dripping fruit.
Rumtopf is a German dessert that is served during the winter months. It is a mixture of various kinds of fruit, rum and sugar that is in a large stoneware pot (the rum pot) and will be matured for several months until the fruit is very soft and completely saturated with rum.
Making a Rumtopf is easy you just need to be patient and don’t eat it before it has reached the final result after 2-3 months.
You can use many fruit for the Rumtopf – Click here to Go to the Rumtopf recipe – Happy Baking!
60 g butter
50 g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar 0.5oz
50 g potato starch or Mondamin
70 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
125 g fruit in rum
50 g quince jelly (Gelee) or alternatively red currant or apricot
paper forms for muffins
– Mix sugar, butter, vanilla sugar and egg and beat until bubbly.
– Mix flour, starch and baking powder and add to dough.
– Let the fruit from the rum pot drip and add to the dough.
– Place muffin forms into a muffin tray.
– Fill forms 2/3 with dough.
– Bake in pre-heated oven on 160-180 C or 375 F for 20-25 minutes.
– Heat quince jelly and when it is liquid (don’t bring it to a boil) spread over the muffins.