The German Cucumber Salad with dill is a great side dish for many dishes and occasions. It is a delicious salad for the BBQ and combined with pork chops or Wiener Schnitzel. The German dressing is super easy to make and healthy. If you make enough of the dressing keep it in an empty jar for your next salad! This dressing contains only FOUR ingredients! Happy Cooking!
2 English cucumbers
2-3 tbsp sour cream
fresh or frozen dill to taste (not more than 1 tbsp)
2 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (pref. German vinegar)
1 dash sugar
salt, ground pepper to taste
– Wash and peel cucumber, then slice it on a grater in very fine slices.
– In a bowl combine oil and vinegar, mix well.
– Add sour cream and dill, spice to taste with salt and pepper.
– Mix very well.
– If cucumbers should have produced some water, drain excess water.
– Combine dressing with sliced cucumbers.
– Don’t serve right away, let sit for at least 15 minutes.
It’s a perfect salad for the BBQ, roasted meats or Bratwurst.
– Add a small red onion or shallot.
– Use herbal salt.
– Add spring onions, sliced.
– Use Greek yoghurt (Fage 5%) instead of sour cream