Ingredients (serves 4) Tortellini with Blue Cheese Sauce
1 package tortellini of your choice (for this recipe tortellini with spinach filling)
1 tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp butter
2 small onions, 1/2 green pepper (or red, yellow)
3 small zucchini
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup whole milk or half and half
2 tsp tapioca starch
3-4 crumbled blue cheese (or rochefort, gorgonzola)
Cooking Instructions Tortellini with Blue Cheese Sauce
- cook tortellini per instructions.
- in a skillet heat olive oil and butter; chop onions, pepper, slice zucchini; saute them for 5 minutes on medium heat in the hot oil-butter mix.
- mix heavy cream and milk, add tapioca; whisk it very well so all tapioca gets dissolved.
- add tortellini to the vegetable.
- pour the cream-milk mix over it and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- add crumbled cheese to the tortellini.
- if the sauce is still too liquid, add more tapioca.
Serve it with lettuce.
And don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter!
Start your EXCLUSIVE Recipe Collection now! SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter here