Do you know how to make authentic German herb butter? This special butter is a classic in Germany and is served together with a rump steak or used for meat from the BBQ. on Basically it is butter for steaks!
Here you have an original and authentic German recipe, very easy to make, and perfect to freeze: Cut the butter in slices and wrap each slice separately, then freeze it. So it will be ready when you need it. Just place it on top of a steak. Happy Cooking!
125 g butter (2 sticks), the best is to use the Irish butter
Variety of chopped Herbs – choose the herbs you like best
1 tbsp of each:
parsley, chives, tarragon, sorrel, chervil, rosemary, cress, thyme
1 tbsp lemon
salt, pepper to taste
If you use the EDORA mix use 1 tbsp for 125g butter
You also can add
– hint of Worcester sauce
– garlic cloves, squeezed or finely chopped
– curry spice
– dried tomatoes, chopped
– hint of mustard
– The butter should be very soft so you can beat it.
– Combine all herbs and lemon juice with butter, spice with salt and pepper and other ingredients that you choose.
– Mix very well, until smooth.
– Place in fridge if you want to form a roll. Otherwise fill the butter in a small bowl and keep in fridge.
– When butter is firm enough form a roll, warp it in foil or plastic wrap and place in fridge, then cut into slices. With an ice cream scoop you can make small balls.
Serve one slice of herb butter on each steak.