The German Butter Cake Muffins are easy to make and you will love them! This is a proven original and authentic German recipe. Happy Baking!
7 tbsp butter (105 g)
220 g flour
1 tsp (flat) baking powder
150 g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar, 0.32oz – How to make your own Vanilla Sugar –
125 g heavy cream
2 eggs, medium
1-2 apples, slightly sour (amount depends on apple size)
4 tbsp sliced almonds
– Melt butter in a pot and let cool off a bit.
– Mix flour with baking powder and sieve into a bowl.
– Add 120 g sugar, vanilla sugar, heavy cream, eggs and 3 tbsp butter.
– Beat with a hand mixer until creamy.
– Peel apple, remove core and cut in small cubes, add to the dough.
– Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
– Place muffins forms into a muffin tray.
– Add for each muffin 1.5 tbsp dough into the paper forms.
– Sprinkle with remaining sugar and almonds, drip some of the remaining melted butter on each muffin.
– Bake for 20-25 min.
– Let cool off before you remove them from the tray.