Fall and winter is the time for German baked apples – we call them Bratäpfel. Make sure to use big enough apples and serve them with your favorite items: whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or vanilla sauce. Or maybe all three together! Happy Cooking!
2 big apples
2 tbsp chopped almonds
some lemon juice
2 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
100 g soft butter
– Pre-heat oven to 420 F.
– Soak raisins in rum or apple juice until they have softened.
– Cut of lid.
– Remove the core from the apples.
– Drip lemon juice into the apple.
– Drain raisins (if soaked in rum you can add it to the filling).
– Combine very soft butter with almonds and raisins, add a bit of lemon juice, cinnamon and powdered sugar to taste.
– Fill it into each apple.
– Place each apple into a single fire proof form (ramequin form) or if you have more than 2 use a rectangle form.
– Place in oven and bake for 40 min. Cover with aluminum foil after 20 min.
– Melt some butter which you can drip over the apples.
Serve right away.
The baked apples taste wonderful with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or vanilla sauce