Are you looking for really special Christmas treats? Check out the recipe for these irresistible German Christmas Chocolate cubes. They are not very difficult to make. Merry Christmas and Happy Baking!
250 g soft butter
250 g powdered sugar
125 g almonds ground
1 tbsp of each: cardamom, Piment (Allspice), ground ginger
50 Cocoa powder, unsweetened
50 g flour
3 packages dark cake frosting (each is 100g) – alternatively 12oz dark chocolate and 3 tbsp expeller pressed coconut oil
220 semi sweet baking chocolate
50 g white baking chocolate
1. Place butter into a mixing bowl, sieve powdered sugar on top and with a hand mixer mix it until foamy.
– Add eggs, almonds and spices, mix it, then sieve powdered cocoa and flour on top and mix it until you get a smooth dough.
– Place baking paper on a baking tray and spread the dough on it, about 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick.
– Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes on 160 C or 320 F.
– When done, cut the warm cake into squares of 2.5cm or 1 3/4 inches. Let them cool off on a cooling grid.
2. Chop baking chocolate and frosting chocolate with a heavy knife, melt chocolate by using the double-boiler method. Mix thoroughly, don’t let it become firm.
3. Dip each cookie into the liquid chocolate, and place it on a cooling rack.
4. Chop the white chocolate and melt it the same way as above. Fill it into a decorating bag, cut of a very small edge, then decorate the cookies by making fine lines.
5. Let them completely cool off before you place them into a tin or cookie jar.
Category: Chocolate Cubes, Free Membership Recipes, German Christmas Baking, German Christmas Cookies, German Cookies Tags: chocolate cookies, chocolate cubes, christmas, christmas baking, christmas cookies, german christmas treats, German Cookies