The German Strawberry Ice cream cup is what you get in every ice cream parlor (Eisdiele in German) in Germany. These ice cream parlors can be found everywhere from North to Souths and East to West in Germany. Every German city has its “Eisdiele”. Of course summer time brings fresh strawberries and this ice cream cup is so delicious that you can’t resist. It’s a wonderful dessert or just enjoy it for fun. Happy Cooking!
– Wash strawberries, remove green part,
– Cut into halves or quarters, depends on size.
– Dust berries with vanilla sugar, place in fridge for 5-10 min.
– Cut strawberries into small pieces so you get 2 cups.
– Let sit for 1 hour.
– Place berries in a pan.
– With some water and sugar as needed (rule: 2 cups sugar to 2 cups strawberries and 1.5 cups water) bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and let simmer for some minutes.
– Place strawberries in a sieve and squeeze them through the sieve, place in fridge. Alternatively use a stick mixer and puree the berries fine.
– Scoop vanilla ice cream balls into an ice cream cup or glass, add strawberry halves and whipped cream.
– Pour syrup over the whipped cream.
– Decorate with some strawberry halves and/ or wafers.