This German dish called Kratzete reminds a lot of Kaiserschmarrn but is slightly different. It’s served mainly, and if not only, in the region of Swabia in Baden-Württemberg, a state in southwest Germany bordering France and Switzerland. The pancake batter will be torn apart while cooking and the result ate smaller pieces dusted with powdered sugar. Happy Cooking!
– Separate eggs.
– Combine yolks with flour, salt, sugar and milk and mix until smooth.
– Beat egg whites firm and fold into dough.
– In a non-stick pan heat some clarified butter.
– Add little portions of the dough and bake like pancakes. Before they are done tera them apart into smaller pieces, and bake until finished.
– Keep warm i n the oven until all dough is done.
– Dust with powdered sugar or a mix of cinnamon and sugar. If you like serve with apple or plum compote or apple sauce.