The German leek soup is a very easy soup to make. It is a combination of potatoes and leek, the best with a home made vegetable broth. Happy Cooking!
4-5 medium potatoes
1 1/2 liter vegetable broth, or instant – How to make Vegetable Broth –
oil for frying
2 slices bacon or German Speck – optional
pepper, salt, nutmeg to taste
1 tbsp heavy cream
Like a homemade soup: Chanterelle Soup in 10 minutes!
– Peel potatoes, cut in small pieces.
– Clean leek, cut leek in small slices.
– Cut carrot in smaller pieces.
– Heat oil, add all vegetable, brown while mixing it consistently.
– Add broth.
– Let simmer for about 20 min (vegetables should be soft).
– Puree with a stick mixer or drain through a sieve and squeeze all veggies through the sieve.
– Spice to taste.
– Fry the bacon until crunchy, then add on top of the soup before serving (when soup is already in a cup or the plate.
Tastes the best with fresh rolls or bread – How to Make German rolls –