You will love this German Strawberry Cheese Cake – It’s a delicious combination of strawberries, a short cake and a quark filling. Make sure to use really ripe strawberries. Just right for a summer’s day with a cup of German coffee. Happy Baking!
125 g butter, room temperature
125 g sugar
250 g quark, 20% – How to Make Quark –
100 g cream cheese
½ package vanilla pudding
½ lemon, juice and zest
500 g strawberries
sugar to taste
GLAZE: 1 package red cake glaze
250 ml liquid (half water and half apple juice)
Make the Base Dough
– Grease a 10 inch spring form with butter.
– Mix flour and baking powder, sieve into a bowl.
– Add sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, butter and egg.
– Knead with hands until you get a smooth dough that can be formed to a ball.
– Wrap in plastic foil and keep in fridge for 30 min.
– Pre-heat oven to 350 f (180 C, convection 160 C).
– Press the dough gently into the spring form bottom and all along the rim.
Make the Filling
– With a hand mixer beat the butter until it is smooth.
– Add eggs and sugar, and mix. Then add quark, cream cheese, pudding powder and lemon.
– Mix well until you get a smooth cream.
– Spread the cream on top of the dough.
– Bake for 35-40 min, remove from oven and let cool off.
– Cut strawberries in halves and place them on top of the cake.
– Make the glaze by combining liquid, sugar and red glaze package in a bowl, mix well, bring to a boil and when it has thickened spread the glaze evenly over the strawberries.
Serve the cake when the glaze had become firm.