Another delicious recipe for the strawberry season: German Strawberry Muffins, ideal for a party, picnic or just for fun. Very easy to transport and so easy to make! Happy Baking!
250 g strawberries
140 g butter, very soft
100 g sugar
2 packages Vanilla sugar – How to Make Vanilla Sugar –
3 eggs, 2 separated
240 g flour
2 TL baking powder
125 ml sour cream or vanilla yoghurt
1 dash salt
powdered sugar, hipped cream and some strawberry pieces for decoration
– Pre-heat oven to 350 F or 180 C (convection, regular 375 F).
– Place paper muffin forms into the muffin tray.
– Cut washed and prepared strawberries into small cubes. Sprinkle them with content of 1 package vanilla sugar, mix a little, and let sit for 2 min.
– Beat butter with sugar and vanilla sugar until foamy, add the whole egg and 2 egg yolks. Mix well.
– Add sour cream, beat egg whites until very firm. Set aside. If you use vanilla yoghurt then use ONLY 1 package of vanilla sugar.
– Mix flour with baking powder, add to the dough. Mix well, then add the firm egg white carefully.
– Fill the dough into the muffin forms.
– Bake for 20-25 min.
– When done let muffins sit for 5 min in the tray.
– Remove from the tray, if you like remove the paper forms or let them sit in the forms. Let cool off.
– Sieve with powdered sugar or garnish with 1 tbsp whipped cream and some strawberry pieces or small strawberries.