This is a recipe for German Raspberry Muffins with Streusel; it’s super easy and can be made fast if you need something sweet for unexpected guests, a party or just for the Kaffee and Kuchen table. You will find out that these muffins are not as sweet as the American muffins. Enjoy this recipe. As usual, Happy Baking!
(makes 6 muffins)
1 package vanilla sugar Dr. Oetker, 0.5oz – How to Make Vanilla Sugar –
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 shot milk
about 150g frozen or fresh raspberries
1 tsp vanilla extract, liquid
– Place butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and egg in a bowl and whisk with the mixer until creamy.
– Mix flour with baking powder and add to the dough.
– Add a bit of milk, continue whisking.
– The dough is ready when it is coming of a wooden spoon easily.
– Roll raspberries in some flour (prevents them from sinking when the muffins are baking).
– Place paper muffins into the muffin tray and add one heaped Tbsp of dough into each form; place 3-4 raspberries on each muffin, add more dough and place again raspberries on the top.
– For the Streusel knead all ingredients and sprinkle them over the muffins.
– Bake in pre-heated oven on 180 C or 375 F for 20-30 min on the middle rack.