We all know the famous Italian dessert Tiramisu, and in Germany it is very popular too. We found a recipe for a German Tiramisu cake that is irresistible. The Tiramisu cake has a filling for which you use Mascarpone, Espresso and Amaretto. Try this awesome recipe and bake the cake for your next dinner party, use it as a festive menu dessert or a candle light dinner for Two – Happy Baking!
Biscuit Base Cake
150 g sugar
100 g flour
50 g ground almonds
4 sheets gelatin, white
4 egg white
100 g sugar
500 g Mascarpone
1 tbsp lemon peel (organic lemon)
50 ml cold espresso coffee
4 tbsp brandy
4 tbsp Amaretto (optional)
2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
– Pre-heat oven to 180 C or 350 F
– Grease a spring form or layer it with baking paper.
– Separate eggs; beat egg white until firm.
– Beat egg yolks with sugar and 2 tbsp warm water until creamy. Place firm egg white on top, sprinkle flour and almonds on top then mix everything carefully.
– Fill it into a spring form. Bake it for 40 minutes; let it cool off.
– Soak gelatine in water; beat egg yolks with sugar until creamy; add Mascarpone and lemon peel.
– Drip gelatine into the cream while stirring.
– Cut biscuit in half and place the first half on a cake platter.
– Mix brandy with Amaretto and coffee and drip the first half of the biscuit with the liquid; add half of the Mascarpone cream.
– Place second half of the biscuit on top, drip remaining liquid on it and place the cream on top, spread all around the cake.
– Keep the cake for at least 4 hours in the fridge and before serving dust with cocoa powder.