German Filled Plum Cookies Plum are wonderful for the holidays! They are rectangle shaped German Christmas cookies that iare filled with plum jam or as we call it in German “Plaumenmus”. The German plum jam is thicker and richer than the usual jam and of a darker color but it tastes incredibly good. For this German recipe you should get the German Pflaumenmus otherwise the cookies won’t taste as the ones in Germany. Happy Baking!
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
6 tbsp plum jam (preferably German “Pflaumenmus”) – – How to make Plum Butter –
150 g cold butter
75 g powdered sugar
225 g flour
1 egg yolk
1 dash salt
For the dough:
– Cut butter in cubes.
– Place butter cubes, powdered sugar, flour, egg yolk and salt in a bowl and mix it with the kneading hooks first, then knead it with hands (have hands dusted with flour) until you get a smooth dough.
– Wrap dough in foil and place it at least for 30 minutes in the fridge.
– Take 100 g from the dough and knead it together with cinnamon and 2 tbsp flour until you get crumbs.
– Take half of remaining dough an droll it to squares (25 x 25 cm or 10 inches x 10 inches).
– Spread half of the plum jam on dough and by using a dough roller (or ravioli cutter with wavy edges) cut 14 “diamond” shaped rectangles (each 5×13 cm or 2.5 x 5.5 inches).
– Sprinkle half of the crumbs over the jam.
– Do the same with remaining dough, plum jam and crumbs.
– Place the rectangles on a baking tray and bake them for 15-20 minutes on 175 C or 350 F.
Category: Filled Plum Cookies, German Christmas Baking, German Christmas Cookies, German Cookies, German Recipes Tags: christmas cookies, filled plum cookies, german christmas cookies, plum jam cookies