Posted on November 15, 2021 by admin
When he time has come to make some German Christmas cookies check this one out: Cinnamon Rings or Zimt Ringerl, after an old Austrian recipe. These delicious cookies are very easy to make and you won’t need any special ingredients. Happy Baking!
150 g flour, sieved
150 g butter
1 egg yolk
70 g sugar
70 g ground almonds
1 tsp cinnamon or more
zest of 1/2 lemon, organic
200 g sugar
4 tsp cinnamon
– Sieve flour on a baking board.
– Cut butter in small cubes. Place on flour togetehr with egg yolks, sugar, almonds, cinnamon and zest.
– Knead all ingredients fast until you get a smooth dough. Form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and keep in fridge for at least 30 min.
– Roll out of the dough small strings, cut off some parts and form circles.
– Layer baking tray with parchment paper, and place rings with a distance of 2 inches from each other onto the tray.
– Bake in pre-heated oven for 10-15 min on 180 C or 375 F.
– Mix sugar with cinnamon and place on a soup plate.
– Turn the hot rings in the sugar and let cool off on a cooling rack.
When completely cooled off keep them in a tin.
Category: Cinnamon Ringerl, Cinnamon Rings Tags: austrian cookies, christmas cookies, cinnamon cookies, cinnamon rings, German Cookies
Copyright © 2023 · All Rights Reserved ·
Theme: Natural Lite by Organic Themes · RSS Feed