Today I found organic blueberries for a great deal and decided to make this delicious German blueberry muffins. They are perfect! I added some grated chocolate to the dough to make them a bit special. Happy Baking!
80 g sugar
200 g fresh blueberries
1 tbsp vanilla extract
100 g butter
1 dash salt
70 g semi-sweet chocolate drops
200 g flour, all purpose, unbleached – 1 1/3 cup
1 package vanilla sugar – How to Make Vanilla Sugar –
½ package baking powder (8g) or 0.28 oz
1 splash lemon juice
5 tbsp half and half
2 tbsp natural yoghurt (eg Fage 5% or Trader Joes whole milk yoghurt)
– Pre-heat oven to 375F.
– Melt butter – don’t bring to boil, it should be just a little warm or use butter when it is very soft
– Combine sugar, salt, vanilla sugar and extract and eggs – mix very well with hand mixer on high speed.
– Mix flour with baking powder, mix well.
– Add to the dough.
– With hand mixer mix for 2 min on high speed. Dough is done when it comes easily off a wooden spoon.
– With a sharp knife chop chocolate drops somewhat coarsely. Add to the dough and mix with a spatula.
– Layer a muffin tray with paper muffin cups.
– Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
– Place 1 tbsp dough into paper muffin cups.
– Add 4-5 blueberries (depends on size), then add more dough on top.
– Bake for 20-30 min on the middle rack.
When muffins are done you can dust them with powdered sugar.