This German ground beef cabbage soup is a delicious soup for all seasons but especially it makes a great soup for the colder months. It is super easy to make and so yummy!. The soup contains as main vegetable cabbage, and is combined with ground beef, potatoes and carrots. Serve with a slice of fresh German bread or rolls. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Ground Beef Cabbage Soup
1 small cabbage
300 g ground beef
1 medium onion
3 medium potatoes
2 medium carrots
1 tbsp caraway seeds (optional)
salt, pepper to taste
1 tsp instant vegetable broth (optional) – How to Make Vegetable Broth –
approx. 1 liter water
oil or clarified butter
Authentic Spätzle from the South!
- Peel and chop onion fine.
- In a pan melt clarified butter/oil, add onions, saute until transparent, add the meat.
- Brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Spice with salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel potatoes, cut into smaller cubes.
- Cut cabbage in small pieces. Cut carrots in small cubes.
- Add to the meat, mix well, fill up with water or broth, so everything is covered.
- If necessary spice again to taste, add caraway seeds and if you like a cube of instant broth.
- Let simmer for 30 min until the vegetable is soft.
From End of October to Mid December