The German Ground beef stew recipe is easy to make within 20 minutes. The main ingredient is minced or ground beef. As side dish we recommend rice or pasta.
Tip: Make a double portion and freeze the rest, so you just have to defrost it for the next dinner. Happy Cooking!
2 medium sized onions
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp butter
500 g ground beef
1 leek and 1 carrot
5 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 liter beef or vegetable broth (instant, organic) – How to make Vegetable Broth –
1 tbsp Dijon or German mustard
1 tsp mild red pepper (paprika)
salt, pepper to taste
sour cream (optional)
– Chop onions and fry them briefly in oil and butter.
– Increase heat, add ground beef.
– Fry meat until it becomes slightly brown.
– Wash, cut leek and carrot in small pieces or slices.
– Reduce heat and add leek, carrots, tomato paste, broth, mustard, salt, pepper and paprika. Mix well.
– On low heat let cook for about 15 minutes and stir frequently, so it won’t get stuck on the bottom of the pan.
– Add sour cream on top before serving.
Serve with your favorite pasta and some grated cheese.