These German plum muffins are very easy to make. Preferably you use Italian plums, or if you like canned plums. If you use canned plums check if they contain sugar and reduce sugar amount for the dough accordingly. If you are lucky you find the cherry plums which are very good to use for this recipe as well. Happy Baking!
125 g butter, very soft
1 dash salt
75 g sugar
250 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
300 g Italian plums
1 package Vanilla Sugar – How to Make Vanilla Sugar –
24 paper forms for muffins and 1 muffin baking tray for 12 muffins
– Combine butter, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar in a bowl, beat until bubbly.
– Add eggs.
– Mix flour with baking powder and cinnamon. Add to dough alternating with milk. Mix well.
– Pre-heat oven to 175 C / 350 F, convection 300F/ 150 C
– Cut washed plums in half, remove pit, cut into small pieces.
– Add plum pieces to the dough.
– Place one paper form in each muffin place.
– Bake for about 20 min.
Decorate with plum pieces, cinnamon or slightly sweetened whipped cream.