These German raspberry muffins are super easy to make! Little crunchy outside, soft and moist inside – that’s how they are. Perfect recipe for the raspberry season. You can also use strawberries or half raspberries and strawberries. Serve with a dot of whipped cream if you like. Happy Baking!
80 g sugar
200 g fresh raspberries or 100 g raspberries and 100g strawberries
1 stick salted butter
200 g flour, all purpose, unbleached – 1 1/3 cup
1 package vanilla sugar – How to Make Vanilla Sugar –
½ package baking powder (8g) or 0.28 oz
5 tbsp half and half
– Melt butter – don’t bring to boil, it should be just a little warm.
– Add sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs while mixing.
– Combine flour with baking powder, and add to the dough.
– Mix well for 2 min with the hand mixer on high speed. Dough is done when it comes easily off a wooden spoon.
– Layer a muffin tray with paper muffin cups.
– Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
– Place 1 tbsp dough into paper muffin cups.
– Add 3-4 raspberries, then add more dough on top, finish with a raspberry or some raspberry pieces.
– Bake for 20-30 min on the middle rack.
When muffins are done place them on a cooling rack, let them cool off completely. Add a thin layer of powdered sugar on top. Or serve with a dot of whipped cream.