Real Halloween recipes don’t have any limits. The Halloween recipe Chocolate Mousse Dessert look really “disgusting”. The chocolate mousse makes a great dessert – tastes like chocolate and looks like dog mess. It will for sure cause some reactions like “gross” or “no way”. Try the Halloween recipe out and see how your friends react. Happy Halloween!
400g chocolate, semi-sweet
200g heavy cream
chopped hazelnuts or almonds (optional but very effect-full)
rum flavor (optional)
– Use the double boiler method and melt chocolate, let it cool off a bit.
– Separate eggs; add egg yolks to the chocolate.
– Add chopped hazelnuts/almonds and mix it.
– Beat egg white until firm; carefully mix it with the chocolate.
– Now beat heavy cream until firm and mix with chocolate.
– Fill into a cake decorating bag or a big freezer bag, and place it in the fridge for about 4 hours.
– Make the mousse by cutting a 1 inch whole at one corner of the bag, and squeeze the portions in dog mess style on a plate or bowl (if you don’t remember how it looks, see picture :))
It is easier when the mousse is not super firm.
You can also add some brown Smarties or chopped butter biscuits from Leibniz. It will add an authentic look.