Beer liquor is a somewhat traditional and local specialty in regions where they brew beer and where hops is growing as well. On the photo you can see a bottle of liqueur that was produced in the German city “Vilshofen of Bavaria”. It is made out of the beer from the local brewery Wolfstetten. They brew a special double bock beer and this is used for the liqueur making. You can drink the liqueur also hot with some whipped cream on top, spiced with a pinch of Cardamom. It is easy to make it yourself. Happy Brewing!
4 bottles (2 l) beer, preferably Bock beer
750 g sugar
2 vanilla beans
½ stick cinnamon
1 l Schnaps or 96 % alcohol such as Everclear – find it here: http://www.winechateau.com/sku1004371.html (don’t use Vodka or Gin)
– Bring beer, sugar and all spices to a boil.
– Reduce heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
– Turn off oven and let it soak for 1 hour.
– Pour it through a sieve and bring it again to a brief boil; then add alcohol.
– Fill it in dark bottles and keep it at a cool and dark place for some weeks until you can enjoy it.