The popular Munich Oktoberfest comes with many food specialties. One is the so called “Rahmschwammerl” or Oktoberfest Creamy Mushrooms. The classic combination would be to serve with Semmelknoedel – Find recipe here – It’s a delicious meatless alternative, and so easy to make. It’s a dish that can be made throughout the year – Happy Cooking!
750 g white mushrooms
1 small onion
200 ml heavy cream
4 tbsp cooking oil
50 ml dry white wine
100 g créme fraîche, optional
2 twigs Rosemary
4-5 tbsp chopped parsley
salt, pepper to taste
1 dash sugar
– Clean mushrooms and cut in quarters or in halves.
– Peel onion, chop fine. Wash herbs, dry on kitchen paper.
– Heat oil in a large pan, add mushrooms and rosemary twigs, brown for 6-7 min.
– Remove rosemary. Add onions.
– Fry for about 2 in.
– Add chopped parsley to mushrooms, then the wine. Set some parsley aside.
– Let cook until wine has evaporated.
– Now add the heavy cream, bring to a brief boil, then add creme fraiche.
– Let simmer for 5 min, spice with salt and pepper to taste.
– Should the sauce be too thin, mix 1 tbsp corn starch with 2 tbsp water and add to the sauce.
– Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top.