The raspberry chocolate cake is super easy to make and is a great cake for baking beginners. You can use different fruit such as blueberries or apricots. Of course fresh fruit would be the best but it works very well with frozen fruit too. This is an authentic proven German recipe. Happy Baking!
130 g sugar
1 package (0.32oz) vanilla sugar —- RECIPE for How to Make Vanilla Sugar –
150 g butter
220 g flour
10 g baking powder Dr Oetker (1 package is 14 g or 0.5oz)
250 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
75 g chocolate, dark, white or milk chocolate – as you prefer
– Melt the butter in a pan. Let it cool off a bit.
– Using frozen berries: Defrost the berries, let them thaw at room temperature in a sieve so the juice can drip (don’t use the microwave).
– Using fresh berries: If you wash them let them dry first on paper before processing them.
– Beat eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar until bubbly.
– Add cooled off butter.
– Mix baking powder and flour, add spoon by spoon to the dough.
– Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
– Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
– Combine raspberries and chopped chocolate with dough.
– Grease a 26cm spring form (10 inches) and sprinkle it with flour or bread crumbs (you also could layer it with parchment paper).
– Bake in pre-heated oven on 350F for 45 minutes.