This Swabian Pork Fillet recipe is a recipe that you will love! In Swabia, the region around Stuttgart, you find in mnay good restaurants the “Filettoepfle”. The meat, together with Spaetzle and a creamy sauce, is served in a pot. Very delicious especially with hand made Spaetzle. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Swabian Pork Fillet Recipe
300 g pork filet
salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
300 g mushrooms (Boletus, Chanterelles or Porcini) fresh or jar
1 onion or 2 shallots
4 tbsp parsley, chopped
100 ml broth (beef or vegetable)
100ml dry white wine
1 tbsp clarified butter
1 garlic clove
200 ml heavy cream
juice from 1/2 lemon
cooked Spaetzle – Go to the Recipe How to Make Spaetzle –
Cooking Instructions Swabian Pork Fillet Recipe
- Make or cook Spätzle per instructions.
- Wash meat under running cold water, dry with kitchen paper, remove any tendons or skin.
- Cut the pork fillet in 4 medallions, flatten them. Spice with salt and pepper.
- Prepare mushrooms if fresh, drain the ones from the jar. Chop parsley fine.
- Peel onion, garlic and chop both fine.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan, brown meat on all sides evenly for about 6 min on medium heat.
- Remove meat from pan, place covered at a warm place.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter, saute onions and garlic on low heat. Add mushrooms and fry until all liquid had evaporated.
- Add parsley, white wine, lemon juice.
- Let simmer for 6-8 min.
- Add heavy. Spice to taste if needed.
- Heat remaining butter in a different pan. Warm the Spaetzle, and spice with salt and nutmeg.
- Place Spätzle in a pan and meat on top, pour the sauce over the meat.