This party or summer salad is ideal for barbecues and has as main ingredient frisee salad which has curly leaves and is also called chicory or endive, and short pasta. The red pepper brings some color into it and the vinaigrette gives it a mild Italian flair but it is an original German recipe and authentic German party food. Happy Cooking.
200 g Feta (firm)
2 small red pepper, 1 onion, 1/2 frisee salad
350 g short pasta, eg. macaroni
4-5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4-5 tbsp olive oil
salt, pepper, hint of sugar
- Make pasta in boiling water (add some salt).
- Cut cheese in cubes.
- Cut pepper ins mall stripes: chop onions fine.
- When pasta is done rinse them for 2-3 seconds under cold water (won't stick together).
- Mix vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar, then drip oil to the vinegar; add onions and mix well.
- In a bowl mix pasta with vinaigrette and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Wash salad, dry it and tear the leaves into little pieces (don't cut it with a knife); then add it to the pasta; spice with salt and pepper if necessary.