Step by Step Make Quark Easy and Fast
Pasteurized milk about 1 cup
coffee filter and paper filter
Small bowl and a glass
Lemon juicer and a spoon
Instructions Make Quark Easy and Fast
- squeeze lemons (you need for a bowl of quark 1-2 lemons, use better more than less.
- pour squeezed lemon juice into the milk.
The first part (of 2 parts) of making quark is done. The acid of the lemon will make the milk clot.
You will see this when you will stir the milk and it will become thicker.
- Place the paper coffee filter into the filter and put it on a glass or jar.
- Pour the whole lemon-milk into the filter.
Now the second part of quark making has begun that is separating the solid from the liquid substances.
Within some minutes you will see in the glass a clear liquid (whey) which you will not use for anything else. You can throw it away.
- After 10-15 minutes take out the quark (which is in the filter) with a spoon or just turn the filter over a bowl so the quark can fall into it.
Should the quark taste too much like a lemon, repeat the filtering process by pouring some water into the quark. The quark remains in the filter but the lemon juice will be in the water.
Now chop fresh chive and mix it with the quark; tastes great on pumpernickel, fresh bread or whole rye bread.
Easy, isn't it? Let me know how it went.
Mix some heavy cream into the quark, this makes it creamy.
Mix it with parsley, garlic, onions, cress, salt, pepper, curry or your favorite spice.
Garlic and grated fresh cucumber makes a great Greek quark named "Tzatziki".
If you still think that you cannot make this or maybe you don't have the time, there is a quark/yoghurt maker machine online which is very convenient - Click here to check it out