Everybody talks about gluten-free nowadays. That’s why we thought this is a great recipe which we found on a German site called www.rohkostrezepte.wordpress.com, which means recipes with raw food. The raw fruit cake is not baked or cooked. All ingredients are raw. If the ingredients are also organic, this is a very healthy cake. You actually don’t bake this cake, all ingredients are raw and mixed together. If you cannot enjoy wheat products than this cake is the one to try. Happy Baking!
For the Dough
200 g dried dates
100 g dried cranberries
100 g ground almond flour
100 g unsweetened grated coconut
100 g dates or dried (unsulfured) apricots
200 cashew nuts
4 tbsp lemon juice (some organic lemon zest)
800 mixed fruit (use what you can get, strawberries, blueberries, peaches or pine apple; you can use bananas too)
– Soak dried fruit and almonds for 8 hours (over night), as they can be processed much better.
– Mix all ingredients in a blender until you get a dough which can be pressed into the baking form. Before that sprinkle some coconut on the form. This will help so the dough can be removed easily out of the form.
– Keep it at a cool place over night.
– For the cream, soak fruit and nuts over night.
– Drain them.
– Puree fruit with the lemon juice.
– Spread the cream on top of the cake bottom.
– Decorate the fresh fruit on the cake and sprinkle coconut flakes on top.